Name:
Location: St. Louis, Missouri, United States

Friday, November 04, 2005

Response to comments

Was thinking about your KK hand you played against the BB who had AK. I think the BB played it well. If you were the only one in the hand and he was the BB he may have put you on a blind steal. When the flop was farely low he felt he could take it away from you on the turn by a Check'R. However you called the turn raise, which meant he figured you had a piece and when the ACE fell - he tried to get sneaky again. You just got unlucky.

That may be a good play at the higher limits, where blind stealing is more rapant and people know how to hit the fold button, but to me his check raise on the turn was imprudent given that he didn't even have a pair and the average $3/6 player (ie, me) is not going to fold and reasonable hand for one more bet when there is $35 in the pot.

Was thinking, if I played the KK- I would have 3 bet the turn and possibly check the river when the Ace fell.

I like that play too (given that he wouldn't cap with AK). When he check raised me on the turn I thought there was a decent enough chance that he was ahead with a set or a funky two pair that I opted not to three bet. However, given his stats (very loose aggressive), that was certainly the right play. He was likely to have check raised with any J (the board was J high at that point). When he checked the river I figured he didn't like the ace and would call me with KJ or QJ, but he was just being sneaky. I think that play was bad too because he should not have expected me to bet given that I only called his check raise on the turn.

If I was AK. I would have 3 bet preflop. Bet out flop. You would have raised. I would 3 bet. If you capped it- regardless I would still bet out turn and muck to a raise. If you just called my 3 bet and just called my turn bet, I would check fold the river unapproved if you bet. Chip spewage? People play AK like pocket aces when limits increase especially in the 100-200.

I like your play of three betting preflop and betting out on the flop regardless of what fell. I would have just called and then raised on the turn. You would know you were behind and folded as any thinking and observant player would. You would also have my stats and know that I'm a tight ass. What really bugs me about this hand is that he played it so badly that he confused me into giving away more money that I would have had he played it right. Of course, all of this would be a moot point if the dude hadn't hit his three outer on the river. Not much you can do about that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home