Name:
Location: St. Louis, Missouri, United States

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Fuzzy math

Last night I was playing a little $3/6 limit holdem at Empire poker, trying to clear their latest reload bonus. So I'm sitting in the big blind with 55 when a middle postion (MP) playa raises, and an LP dude cold calls. I'm getting 5-1 pot odds here, so of course I call. The flop comes J 8 3, not so bad for me, and I check. MP makes his automatic continuation bet, representing some big pair I guess, but I put him on overcards. So when LP folds, I go ahead and check raise his ass. MP just calls, so I figure either he is sneaky and slow playing a pair, or he's behind and wants to get a look at the turn card. The turn is a rag and I bet out. He just calls. The river is my money card, another 5. Now I really hope he's got AA. Alas, I bet and he just calls again. The dude shows down AQ (ie ace high), and I drag the pot. But to my amazement he has the audacity to type "lucky" in the text box. Yeah, that got me hot. With furious indignation I hammered out the words "Lucky? I was ahead THE WHOLE WAY." He then said, "You sucked out on my QQ." WTF? Who did he think he was fooling? "Check the hand history bud. You had AQ." I was about to add something like, "damn, you got a short memory," when I realized just how futile that would be. Really I should have been thanking him for paying me off with such a crappy hand. So thanks, dumbass.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

"So thanks, dumbass."

Great closing to a great story.

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home