Name:
Location: St. Louis, Missouri, United States

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Update/Results

A few weeks ago I came up with some goals for my poker game: play 15 hours/week starting at $3/6 full ring and work my way up the limits until I'm bringing in $200/hour at $30/60. Well, looks like this is going to be one hell of a long road. According to my Poker Tracker data, since October 14 I've only played for 14.7 hours. That's about half of what I'm shooting for. Seems so hard to make time for poker amidst science and social responsibities (that is, maintaining friendships!!). My first few sessions of $3/6 this month were phenomenal. I would make some shady play like open raising with 55 from mp3, get two callers, then hit my set on an ace high flop. That first week I was up around $400, but after that the shit really hit the fan. Everything turned around and I dropped $300 in my next two sessions. Some of that was due to tilting and bad plays, but the cards were really not cooperating. For example, one hand I open raise with KK from late, and only the big blind calls. The flop comes jack high and I bet out and get called. The turn is a blank and I bet and get check raised. There's nothing too scary about the board and I see the guy's aggressive so I call. The river brings an ace, which doesn't scare me at all based on the turn action, and the guy checks to me. Figuring he must have something like QJ and that he's scared of the ace (but not so scared that he's gonna fold), I fire one last bet into the bet. Of course the bastard check raises me again, and I'm like WTF? I'm confident he has me beat but I need to see what the hell he has (yes I know that's bad poker but I didn't care at the time). So he shows AK and takes down the pot. Bastard got 4 big bets off me by playing it about as bad as you possibly can and then hitting the three outer on the end. That had me pretty smoked. After that session I stabilized a bit and won another hundred or so, which brings me up to today. So here are the current stats: total won since beginning of adventure: $211.75. Multi table ratio: 1.91. Hourly rate: $14.44. BB/100 = 1.74. VPIP = 12. PFR = 6.5. PFA = 2.81. More to follow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home