Name:
Location: St. Louis, Missouri, United States

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Freedom Isn't Free

I just read the first few pages of Hunter S. Thompson's classic work "Fear and loathing in Las Vegas." On page 3 I kinda chuckled under my breath. On page 5 I laughed out loud. On page 6 nearly busted my gut. And then it hit me. I want to retire. I want to be free of all the obligations that have prevented me from doing the things I need to do while I'm still young and able. I want to read books like this all day, travel the world, and catch behemoth tuna, all the while playing just enough poker to afford it. Seems worth a shot at least, despite the risk of burning the only bridge I have built for myself so far, the one leading to a career in science. Difficult choices lie ahead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home